Friday, October 29, 2004

The Late, Great Coffee Cams

I started going through my list of links on JavaLink. Since the site was created in 1993, most of the links are now dead and gone web sites. The list is in alphabetical order, and all of the "A" and "B" sites are now dead, but not forgotten. Once I hit the "C" list, I had some luck. "The Cappuccino Machine in the
Basser Department of Computer Science
at Sydney University
" is one of the oldest "web cams" on the web, back when people thought it was cool to put up web cams focused on inanimate objects. I'm glad to see that this site is still up and running. It's a web classic.


Another classic coffee cam site is The Trojan Room Coffee Machine (Cambridge, UK). The site went into operation prior to 1994, and the coffee machine was put to rest in 2001. The last known photos of the immortal coffee pot are still in place.

No comments: